Hello Happy Campers,
How many of you have started your Christmas shopping yet?
How many of you have completed all your Christmas shopping? If you have, I envy you.
I’ve started to get in to the spirit of things this year and although the shops are going to be filled with narcotic crazed Christmas shoppers, I have vowed to myself to stay cool, calm and collected during this time…I can give it a go right? If you see some Christmas Crazed Woman walking around with hair all of the place and generally looking a mess, that will be me.
I thought I’d share some of my shopping tips that could save you time, money and well keep you a little bit sane 🙂
1) I tend to make a list of the people I am buying for and then apply a budget. I found this cool site called Scribbles www.scribbles.com . you have to sign up (with not a lot of info) and it helps you create lists, you can print them off send it as an email… it’s great!
2) Then do a bit of research on the internet to see how much stuff is going to cost, to make sure that you don’t overspend. This search engine will always be my friend www.google.com 🙂 Don’t know if you’ve heard of it or not 🙂
3) Before hitting the shops write down another list…(just in case you didn’t notice, I love Lists!). This is so you know which shops you are going in to and make sure you just go in to those shops. I know what it’s like, you get distracted with all the pretty lights and the temptation of things wrapped in green and red ribbons…..step away from the things wrapped in green and red ribbons!!!!!
4) I like to buy cards for friends and family that you aren’t giving presents to.
5) If you can try and donate some money to a local charity that help those that may be spending Christmas alone, without a home or sick and those less fortunate. I think sometimes we can get so wrapped up in the hype of Christmas, the present buying and stressing ourselves out and I think we sometimes forget that that’s not what it is all about.
Also in #HydePark at the moment there is Winter Wonderland. This was the first time I have ever been to this brilliant Christmas Festival and it’s so much fun. If you want to bring out the big kid in you then I urge you to go. Such a good experience, no doubt I’ll be going back there very soon.
Hope the tips were helpful, remember sharing is caring 🙂
What ever it is you will be getting up to this festive season, I hope it’s one filled with love, joy, memories, lots of laughter, remembrance, food, wine, family and friends and most of lots of FUN!!!!